About Me

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.  My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:13-16 (ESV)

This morning I wanted to share with you a verse that should no only remind us about the importance of life as we pray today for the Senate vote in hopes they will take additional steps to protect the unborn, but it should also remind you and I an as well how special we are God's eyes.

Do you feel alone today?  Do you feel no one understands you?  Or maybe that no one cares?  Do you feel ugly?  Feel broken or like an outcast?  

Psalm 139 says that you are not alone and that God is there in the womb and he remains ever present with his children through our lives.  It also says he knit us together just the way he wanted.  Sometimes our physical limitations and sickness are a tool God uses in the early ministry he gives us.  In our weakness, God is strong and gloried.

Take a moment today to pray for the unborn, for the mothers that have made the wrong choice and are broken because of the effects of abortion in her life, for the sick and the elderly, for those that feel alone and unwanted, for those who don't know the love of Christ.  As Christians, we are called to love, to have compassion on the broken-hearted and the lost, and to pray.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment