About Me

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sad Response from Senator Pryor


I shared with you the encouraging response I received from Senator John Boozman.  Sadly, I did not receive such a response from Mr. Mark Pryor's camp.  Below is the email response I received from him regarding today's Senate vote to de-fund Planned Parenthood (which I am extremely sad to say failed):

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal funding of family planning services. I appreciate hearing from you.

I support family planning services, and I believe that such services can be a useful way to encourage abstinence, reduce unplanned pregnancies, and reduce abortions. I believe it is irresponsible to eliminate federal funding for public entities and nonprofit organizations that provide many necessary services and that do not misuse federal funding. I also believe any organization that is awarded federal grants should use taxpayer funds responsibly, and should be held accountable for any misuse of public funding.

As you know, I am a strong supporter of current law which prohibits the federal funding of abortions, with exceptions only for rape, incest, and to save the life of the mother. I will work hard in the Senate to ensure that no entity is misusing or illegally spending federal funds.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I value your input. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my office regarding this or any other matter of concern for you.

Sincerely,

Mark Pryor
United States Senate

Below is my response back to Mr. Pryor:

Mr. Pryor:

Thanks for your response.  I appreciate your time, or your staff's time, whatever the case may be, to respond.  I am; however, concerned about your response.  I feel it is very inadequate in addressing the concerns I raised.

You stated "I support family planning services, and I believe that such services can be a useful way to encourage abstinence, reduce unplanned pregnancies, and reduce abortions. I believe it is irresponsible to eliminate federal funding for public entities and nonprofit organizations that provide many necessary services and that do not misuse federal funding."


My issue with this part of your statement, sir, is that Planned Parenthood shows NO effectiveness (or effort) in any way in reducing unplanned pregnancies (they merely murder the babies after the fact) nor is there any credible data to indicate their efforts have in any way reduced the number of abortions.

Then there are the lies that PP provides vital health care and mammograms to women, which PP eventually admitted is untrue.  Or how about the countless credible stories from around the nation of how PP has been a part of forcing abortion on unwilling women and helped cover up sexual abuse and trafficking.

PP has been nothing more than an abortion machine and has acted recklessly, irresponsibly, and against the wishes the the American people.  I am sad that the Senate did not take the necessary steps today to help in this fight.  The blood of billions more innocent babies will be shed, and I will continue to speak out for those that cannot speak until this great injustice is made right.  Thanks for your time.  No response is required.

Please continue to pray for Mr. Pryor that his eyes may be opened to the truth of Planned Parenthood and the abortion epidemic and that he may realize the gravity of this issue.  I rejoice today in knowing there was a small victory in stopping funds in DC from going to pay for abortions, but I am extremely saddened we couldn't take a step in the right direction on a national level.

But never lose hope or faith.  God will hear the cries of the righteous and bless those that fight for those that cannot fight for themselves and that stand firm on his Holy standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment